This award is presented annually to a current full-time or part-time graduate faculty member who has served PSU for a minimum of 5 years. Previous recipients are ineligible. Click Here to view a full list of previous award recipients.
Nominations must be submitted electronically by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2019 using this link:
You may nominate any eligible graduate faculty member, while considering the following criteria:
- Enthusiasm in undertaking teaching and promoting learning
- Significant command of subject matter and utilization of recent developments in the field
- Keen and sympathetic participation in the guidance and advising of students and in understanding and providing resources for their needs
- Responsiveness to colleague and student feedback on teaching
- Ability to organize course material and present it clearly and imaginatively
- Ability to assess student learning and to provide students with worthwhile (and timely) feedback
- Ability to stimulate curiosity and independent learning in all students and creative work in advance students
- Evidence of innovation in course design and delivery
- Evidence of leadership and innovation in teaching, including the enhancement of teaching quality in colleagues
- Evidence of work to develop and maximize the quality of a program or project
The Distinguished Teaching Awards are presented annually at the faculty meeting in May.
We value our exemplary faculty and are happy and proud to have the opportunity to publicly celebrate their excellence.