The PSU Art Department is dedicated to providing you with an eclectic program that encourages the study of histories, theories, criticisms, and the making of visual art and design. The faculty is committed to building a comprehensive and substantive foundation of skills and knowledge within and across the disciplines, cultivating each student’s individual creative spirit and voice, and nurturing respect for humanistic and multi-aesthetic values and creative processes. We value the richness of cultural, academic, and individual diversity and are continually seeking ways to broaden our connections across the University, promote services to our regional community, and enrich the lives of our students, who are at the heart of all we do.
As an art major you’ll have access to:
- Degree programs in studio art, art education, and graphic design;
- Minors in art, art history, ceramics, drawing, graphic design, painting, printmaking, and sculpture;
- A talented, knowledgeable and accessible faculty;
- High-quality studio, lab, and gallery facilities;
- A balanced curriculum that values techniques and ideas;
- Small class sizes, lively discussions, and constructive critiques;
- Opportunities for student exhibitions and installations;
- National and international field trips and study-away experiences; and
- Hands-on learning and internship opportunities.