Explore the science of life from minute strands of DNA to complex ecosystems.
The Department of Biological Sciences offers opportunities for research and study using the latest technology and equipment, in the lab or in the field. In far away tropical rainforests and deserts, New Hampshire’s own lakes, forests, and seacoast, and in our state-of-the-art laboratories, PSU students work hands-on with faculty members to answer some of life’s toughest and most interesting questions.
As a biology major you’ll experience:
- Degree programs in biology, cell and molecular biology, or environmental biology
- Minors in chemistry, neuroscience, or sustainability
- Courses in zoology, anatomy and physiology, conservation, ecology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, and neurobiology just to name a few
- Opportunities for in depth field and laboratory studies addressing student-developed hypotheses
- A talented and diverse faculty
- State-of-the-art laboratory and research facilities, including a 1,400-liter marine aquarium, fully equipped human physiology lab, herbarium, and rooftop greenhouse
- Partnerships with the Center for the Environment, an innovative regional research center focused on environmental science and conservation