Explore the science of life from minute strands of DNA to complex ecosystems that stretch for miles and miles.
The Department of Biological Sciences offers opportunities for research and study using the latest technology and equipment, in the lab or in the field. In far away tropical rain forests and coral reef habitats or New Hampshire’s own lakes and forests, PSU students work hands-on with faculty members to answer some of life’s toughest questions.
As a biology major you’ll experience:
- Degree programs in biology, cell and molecular biology, biotechnology, or environmental biology
- Minors in biology and neuroscience
- Courses in zoology, anatomy and physiology, conservation, ecology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, and marine biology just to name a few
- Opportunities for local, national, and international field studies
- A talented and diverse faculty
- State-of-the-art laboratory and research facilities, including a 1,400-liter marine aquarium, fully equipped human physiology lab, herbarium, and rooftop greenhouse
- Partnerships with the Center for the Environment, an innovative regional research center focused on environmental science and conservation