The heart of scientific research and study at PSU is the Boyd Science Center. The University’s proximity to the lakes, rivers and mountains of New Hampshire gives students access to a unique natural laboratory. Resources at Boyd provide students with a place to explore nature’s questions, generated in the great outdoors or under the microscope.
Resources at Boyd include:
- Paid summer research opportunities for students
- Climate-controlled chambers for whole organism research
- Dedicated spaces for student research
- Several 300+-liter marine aquaria
- Human and animal physiology labs
- Fully functional herbarium
- Dedicated tissue culture facilities
- Fully equipped molecular and microbiology labs
- Computerized rooftop greenhouse
- Millions of dollars-worth of equipment – PCR, animal tracking, western blotting, etc.