How is the financial success of a company determined? What do investors need to know when deciding whether to invest in a business? Professionals refer to accounting reports and consult with accountants for the information they need to make strategic business decisions. A degree in accounting will prepare you for a rewarding career in industry, public, governmental or non-profit accounting.
PSU’s accounting professors bring years of professional accounting experience into the classroom, and will guide you toward your career path, whether your goal is to become a CPA or work within a business.
These are the specialized courses you will have an opportunity to take for this degree option:
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Cost Accounting
- Income Taxes
- Investment Principles
- Commercial Law
- Accounting Information Systems
- Advanced Accounting
- Auditing Practices
- Seminar in Finance
- Managerial Statistics
- Money and Banking
- Core courses ensure that students are prepared for diverse professional opportunities.
- General Education courses develop strong writing and critical thinking skills.
- Students may opt to take introductory courses, which will allow them to identify their strengths, before choosing a major.
- Hands-on learning activities and faculty with extensive experience bring the real world into the
- Individualized career services are available to all students.
Improve core skills essential to success
- First Year Seminar
- 2 Creative Thought Classes
- 2 Past and Present Classes
- 2 Scientific Inquiry Classes
- 2 Self and Society Classes
- Wellness Connection Classes
Build a solid foundation of business knowledge
- Finite Math or Calculus
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Business Computer Applications
- Organizational Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
Upper-level Business and Free Electives
Develop deeper and broader abilities
- Upper-level business classes and free electives