PSU’s finance major prepares you to join the multifaceted field of finance. In addition to core accounting, math, and finance classes, you’ll complete advanced coursework in economics, financial modeling, managerial statistics, and international finance. Additionally, you’ll learn the fundamentals of investing and portfolio management. This major will prepare you for a career in corporate finance, investment management, banking, or business analytics.
PSU’s finance professors have worked in firms ranging from local small businesses to large global corporations, bringing years of professional experience to the classroom. They understand the field of finance and serve as professional mentors as well as teachers.
These are the specialized courses you will have an opportunity to take for this degree option:
- Financial Modeling
- Investment Principles
- Seminar in Finance
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Managerial Statistics
- Money and Banking
- International Finance
- One Finance Elective
- 5 Free Electives
- Core courses ensure that students are prepared for diverse professional opportunities.
- General Education courses develop strong writing and critical thinking skills.
- Students may opt to take introductory courses, which will allow them to identify their strengths, before choosing a major.
- Hands-on learning activities and faculty with extensive experience bring the real world into the classroom.
- Individualized career services are available to all students.
Improve core skills essential to success
- First Year Seminar
- 2 Creative Thought Classes
- 2 Past and Present Classes
- 2 Scientific Inquiry Classes
- 2 Self and Society Classes
- Wellness Connection Classes
Build a solid foundation of business knowledge
- Finite Math or Calculus
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Business Computer Applications
- Organizational Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
Upper-level Business and Free Electives
Develop deeper and broader abilities
- Upper-level business classes and free electives