To lead teams and contribute to an organization’s financial success, you need a solid foundation in business management and operations. As a general management major, in addition to the core business courses, you’ll complete an interesting mix of upper-level classes. Advanced courses in finance, business analytics, and human management allow you to focus on your interests.
The courses in this major will help you develop the organizational, motivational, and problem-solving skills you need to be an effective leader and evolve professionally in a changing world economy.
These are the specialized courses you will have an opportunity to take for this degree option:
- 3 Upper-Level Business Electives
- 2 Finance Electives
- 1 Human Resource Elective
- Introduction to General Psychology
- 7 Free Elective Courses
- Core courses ensure that students are prepared for diverse professional opportunities.
- General Education courses develop strong writing and critical thinking skills.
- Students may opt to take introductory courses, which will allow them to identify their strengths, before choosing a major.
- Applied activities and faculty with extensive experience bring the ‘real world’ into the
- Individualized career services are available to all students.
Improve core skills essential to success
- First Year Seminar
- 2 Creative Thought Classes
- 2 Past and Present Classes
- 2 Scientific Inquiry Classes
- 2 Self and Society Classes
- Wellness Connection Classes
Build a solid foundation of business knowledge
- Finite Math or Calculus
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Business Computer Applications
- Organizational Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
Upper-level Business & Free Electives
Develop deeper and broader abilities
- Upper-level business classes and free electives