The PSU Competitive Sales Team celebrating with corporate partner Black Diamond Networks at their headquarters in Andover, MA
The Plymouth State University Sales Institute is a nationally recognized collegiate sales program that affords students the opportunity to achieve personal and professional success and prepare them to be positive contributors to their profession, their communities, and the world.
Steeped in an inclusive culture based on its core values of grit, humanity, and purpose, sales students find a sense of campus belonging and real-world, immersive growth opportunities facilitated by dedicated, experienced professors.
The mission of the PSU Sales Institute is to develop and prepare sales students to be:
- Human-centered change catalysts
- Relationship builders
- Resilient critical thinkers
- Lifelong learners
- Community builders
Five Reasons You Should Study Professional Sales
1. Interactive and Experiential Learning: Our Sales Institute, via eight sales-specific courses, provides students with real world connections, knowledge and experience to build a successful career. We focus on teaching lifelong skills that are applicable to more than just your future career.
2. Knowledgeable Faculty with Real World Experience: The Sales Institute’s experienced faculty is devoted to building confidence in students that helps them understand and become the best version of themselves.
3. Job and Internship Opportunities: Corporate sponsorships provide internship and career opportunities to students. Sponsors enrich the Sales Institute’s curriculum and introduce real world educational content to our classroom.
4. Personal, Professional, and Academic Growth: The Sales Institute challenges students to push themselves out of their comfort zones. The curriculum focuses on hands-on learning that allows students to strengthen their professional skills and build a network of support that encourages personal and professional success.
5. Competitive Roleplay Competitions: Students are given the opportunity to display their selling skills through roleplay competitions with a corporate sponsor. The students are judged on a variety of factors and walk away with new insights after each competition.
Meet the Faculty
Sales Institute faculty members are not only academics, but practitioners as well. With their years of sales and leadership experience in the business world, they facilitate advanced discussions and create opportunities for students to have immersive experiences to grow both inside and outside of the classroom.
Sales Course Sequencing: BS Marketing Professional Sales Option
|SAL 3280||Professional Selling Skills I||4|
|SAL 3290||Professional Selling Skills II||4|
|SAL 3300||Negotiations & Conflict Resolution||4|
|SAL 4330||Professional Sales Management||4|
|Professional Sales Option Electives-complete two:|
ACC, BUS, ECN, ENT, FIN, LAW, MGM, MKT, SAL, SM 3000/4000-level courses
Professional Sales Minor:
Introduction to Marketing and Sales
Professional Selling Skills I
Professional Selling Skills II
Minor Electives – Choose one from the following:
Negotiations & Conflict Resolution
Sales Prospecting & Business Development
Professional Sales Management
Medical Sales Capstone
Professional Financial Planning
Sports Marketing and Sales
Organizational Behavior & Team Development (DICO)
Total Credits 16