Do you dream of starting your own business or working in a family business? Would you like to join an entrepreneurial company? PSU’s Small Business and Entrepreneurship option in management prepares you for success in any entrepreneurial environment.
Building on business fundamentals, for advanced courses in entrepreneurial operations, law, finance, and marketing are taught by small-business experts. The entrepreneurial mindset you will develop through this major will prepare you to work in any business committed to innovation and growth.
These are the specialized courses you will have an opportunity to take for this degree option:
- Introduction to General Psychology
- SB/E Marketing and Operations
- SB/E Law and Human Resources
- SB/E Finance and Accounting
- SB/E Capstone
- 9 Free Elective Courses
- Core courses ensure that students are prepared for diverse professional opportunities.
- General Education courses develop strong writing and critical thinking skills.
- Students may opt to take introductory courses, which will allow them to identify their strengths, before choosing a major.
- Applied activities and faculty with extensive experience bring the ‘real world’ into the
- Individualized career services are available to all students.
Improve core skills essential to success
- First Year Seminar
- 2 Creative Thought Classes
- 2 Past and Present Classes
- 2 Scientific Inquiry Classes
- 2 Self and Society Classes
- Wellness Connection Classes
Build a solid foundation of business knowledge
- Finite Math or Calculus
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Business Computer Applications
- Organizational Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
Upper-level Business & Free Electives
Develop deeper and broader abilities
- Upper-level business classes and free electives