Combine your passion for sports with your interest in business with the Sports Management major. You’ll explore and practice business skills essential to a successful career in sports-related industries.
This unique curriculum incorporates marketing principles, management techniques, event planning, public relations, business law, accounting, and human resources as they relate to sports and athletics.
Upper-level courses and practicum experiences will provide you with practical knowledge in athletic event coordination, sports facilities management, and sports marketing.
By going deep beneath the surface of sports as entertainment and recreation, you’ll gain an understanding of business through sports. What you’ll learn through this major will be transferable to numerous professional opportunities.
These are the specialized courses you will have an opportunity to take for this degree option:
- Sports Law
- Sports marketing
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Sports Facilities Management
- Organization and Administration of Physical Education and Athletics
- Sport in Society
- Sports Management Practicum/Internship
- 7 Free Elective Courses
- Core courses ensure that students are prepared for diverse professional opportunities.
- General Education courses develop strong writing and critical thinking skills.
- Students may opt to take introductory courses, which will allow them to identify their strengths, before choosing a major.
- Applied activities and faculty with extensive experience bring the ‘real world’ into the
- Individualized career services are available to all students.
Improve core skills essential to success
- First Year Seminar
- 2 Creative Thought Classes
- 2 Past and Present Classes
- 2 Scientific Inquiry Classes
- 2 Self and Society Classes
- Wellness Connection Classes
Build a solid foundation of business knowledge
- Finite Math or Calculus
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Business Computer Applications
- Organizational Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
Upper-level Business & Free Electives
Develop deeper and broader abilities
- Upper-level business classes and free electives