The counselors and support staff of the Plymouth State University Counseling Center wish to offer you our warmest welcome. We know that at times life can be difficult, if not overwhelming. It’s during those hard times that you may be in need of support.
The Plymouth State University Counseling Center provides counseling and consultation services to students, as well as consultation to faculty, administrators, and parents/guardians. Our licensed mental health clinicians come from diverse backgrounds and orientations which are conducive to productively addressing student issues. In addition to providing direct services to students, the Counseling Center acts as a resource for the entire PSU Community by providing programs that promote intellectual, emotional, cultural, and social development.
The Plymouth State University Counseling Center uses an innovative brief treatment model to assess each individual student’s needs, which allows us to identify the most appropriate treatment for each student. After students meet for an intake evaluation, their intake counselor will determine the most appropriate level of care to suit their needs. These treatment levels include group counseling/skill building groups, 1-2 time individual counseling sessions, short-term individual therapy (3-8 sessions ), or couples therapy (if both partners are PSU students). We also provide emergency services for students in crisis.
Please note that the Counseling Center has a limited scope of practice, and certain mental health challenges may be better served at outside treatment resources (see Scope of Practice).
To learn more about our services, please click the following link.
To make an appointment, please call us at (603) 535-2461 or come into the Counseling Center. To find where we are located, please click the following link.
Need Help Right Now?
If You Are In Crisis Or This Is An Emergency:
When We Are Open:
- Call us at (603) 535-2461
After Hours, Call:
- Lakes Region Mental Health Center/Genesis Behavioral Health at (603) 524-1100
- If you are a student at Plymouth State University and are in the Plymouth, NH community.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
- A second option, especially if you might not be a Plymouth State University student or in the Plymouth, NH community.
- University Police at (603) 535-2330 or 911
- If you require police or emergency services response.
- Speare Hospital Emergency Room at (603) 536-1120
- If you have a medical emergency or are in emotional crisis, you can also go directly to the Speare Hospital ER on Avery Street in Plymouth
For more information about what to do in a psychological emergency, please click the following link:
Hours of Operation
Fall and Spring Semesters
May 13th, 2019 – June 14th, 2019
Closed May 24th, 2019 and May 27th, 2019
Closed July 30th, 2019 & July 31st, 2019
Closed August 1st, 2019-August 15th, 2019
August 19th, 2019-August 23rd, 2019
Saturday, August 24th, 2019 10:00AM-3:00PM
Sunday, August 25th, 2019 10:00AM-3:00PM
Fall semester begins on August 26th, 2019 (see Fall semester hours above)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
For more information or to make an appointment:
Call us at (603) 535-2461Plymouth State University Counseling Center
17 High Street
Plymouth, NH 03264-1595