Maintaining your confidentiality is important to us, and it is your legal right. However, under certain circumstances, your rights to confidentiality may be limited. For instance, your counselor (or, in certain instances, an affiliated staff member) is required to disclose if:
- You are in danger of harming yourself;
- You make a serious threat of physical violence to a third party or a serious threat of substantial damage to real property;
- There is reason to suspect that a minor child or an incapacitated adult is being or has been subjected to abuse or neglect;
- The Counseling and Human Relations Center receives a court-generated subpoena or court order requiring the disclosure of all or part of your counseling record;
- She/he becomes aware of direct information about an incident of student hazing involving yourself or others.