For more information about mental health, please consider visiting the following websites by clicking on the following links. If you would like to discuss these resources or would like further information, please contact the PSU Counseling Center to speak with one of our licensed counselors.
- Healthy PSU: Provides information and resources about stress management for PSU students.
- Student Guide to Surviving Stress and Anxiety in College & Beyond: This resource from “Learn Psychology” provides information regarding stress and stress management.
- HelpGuide.org: HelpGuide’s mission is to provide research driven, unbiased tools and information to strengthen mental and emotional health for anyone, anywhere, any time, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Go Ask Alice!: Go Ask Alice! is the health question and answer Internet service produced by Alice!, Columbia University’s Health Promotion Program. The site consists of a variety of health information on many subjects, questions and answers for the week, as well as an opportunity to ask your own questions.
- NAMI: The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- Suicide Prevention- The Jed Foundation: The Jed Foundation is committed to reducing the young adult suicide rate by furthering understanding of the underlying causes of suicide, by increasing awareness of the issue of college student mental health and suicide, and by creating effective prevention programs on college campuses.
- Mindful Eating Article: An article from “Am I Hungry” regarding mindful eating and eating 101.