Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Evaluations & Programs

If you are concerned about the drinking or drug use of a friend, family member, or your own use, confidential help and consultations are available. Consultation services are available to faculty regarding concerns about student behavior, with Residential Life Staff (namely RD’s and CA’s) regarding programming in their residences or management of high-risk situations involving their residents, or with parents of PSU students regarding AOD-related topics and/or concerns about the student, e.g., “do’s and don’ts” of parenting a son or daughter addressing an AOD issue.

AOD evaluations that are requested by courts and other outside agencies, are provided for a fee to PSU students.   AOD evaluations, not required by outside agencies, are provided free of charge. AOD evaluations required by Plymouth State University (PSU), may or may not have a fee assigned.  In most cases, our Drug and Alcohol counselor can conduct the AOD evaluation. However, if this is not possible, you will be referred to another agency that can conduct the evaluation

Sessions are also provided to help students meet sanctions required by the PSU Dean of Students Office.

If a student has an AOD related academic project, AOD staff can help you brainstorm ideas and refer you to online resources and those available in the Jim Hagedorn Library, located at the Counseling Center.

For more information or to make an appointment:

Call us at (603) 535-2461