Professor of Education
BA, Boston College; MEd, CAGS, Plymouth State College; EdD, University of Sarasota
- Rounds Hall 022
About Professor True
Dr. Marianne True is a Professor in the Elementary Education and Youth Development Department at Plymouth State University. She has worked in public schools as a teacher, assistant principal and principal and has been recognized as New Hampshire Teacher of the Year. She currently serves as Editor of the New Hampshire Journal of Education. Marianne works with school districts throughout the state on topics such as Understanding by Design, differentiation, classroom management, and the change process.
- “Planning for Learning: Constructing Meaningful Course Syllabi Using Understanding by Design.” ASCD Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March 2012
- “Getting There From Here: Relationships, Engagement, Results.” North Country Education Conference, October 2011.
- True, M. & Buteau, G., “Differentiating Instructional Strategies to Support English Language Learners.” The New England Reading Association Journal, 2009, Volume 44 (2).
- True, M. & Buteau, G., “Keeping it Real: University Instruction, the Primary Classroom, and Self-Assessment.” The New Hampshire Journal of Education, Spring 2009, Volume 12.
- “Contextualizing the Learning: New Approaches to Interactive Teaching and Learning and the Pre-Service Educator.” 11thAnnual International Conference on Education, Athens, Greece, May 2009.
Awards or recognition
- Stevens Bristow Professorship 2010
- Distinguished Graduate Teaching Award 2005
- New Hampshire Excellence in Education Award 2003
- Assessing Children in Schools
- Classroom Planning Management and Organization for Secondary Educators
- Organizational Leadership
- Educational Planning and Problem Solving
- Contemporary Social Trends