The Holmes Center for School Partnerships and Educator Preparation is primarily responsible for the Internship in Teaching that leads to teacher certification in New Hampshire. PSU’s teacher certification programs are approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). We are also a member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE).
The Holmes Center works with the Council of Educator Preparation to ensure the effectiveness, accreditation and approval of teacher preparation programs. The Council is responsible for the development, administration, revision and assessment of all teacher education programs.
Assessments used in the internship indicate that our teacher candidates meet and exceed professional, state and institutional standards and have a positive effect on student learning, K-12. The Holmes Center collaborates with school district partners, the state department of education and other educational agencies to maximize the learning experiences of teacher candidates. Our internships in teaching are characterized by collaboration, accountability and professionalism in continually improving learning environments.
In order to provide you with the best service possible, please use the following email addresses for specific questions:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to PRAXIS Core, PRAXIS II, and Foundations of Reading examinations.
- email@example.com for all questions related to certification
- firstname.lastname@example.org for all questions related to teaching internships
- email@example.com for all questions related to professional development
- firstname.lastname@example.org for general information or questions