How to Obtain your Fingerprints and Criminal Background Check
Attention All Applicants and Licensees Requiring a Federal Bureau of Investigation Record Check
Livescan or inked fingerprints are acceptable. Livescan is a digital capture of fingerprint impressions with a lower rate of rejection from the FBI. Please see below for pertinent information.
Main Processing Location
Department of Safety Building
33 Hazen Dr.
Concord NH 03305
First Floor, Room 124
Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
By Appointment Only
Call the NH State Police in Concord at (603) 223-3867 and ask to be scheduled for applicant (or licensee) fingerprinting. Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time. Arrival of more than 10 minutes late will require you to reschedule. Expect the process to take approximately 20 minutes. Please note: a 24 hours notice is required for all cancellations.
Required Documents & Cost:
• Photo identification
• Completed Criminal Record Release Authorization Form (sections I and II notarized)
• Appropriate fee: Payment by check, money order, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express)
Fees for appearing at State Police Headquarters in Concord as of October 1, 2016:
$20.75 for Livescan processing (student intern discount pricing)
Other NH State Police Livescan Sites – one stop shopping!
• Department of Safety Building, 33 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03305 – First Floor, Room 106A
• Manchester DMV Substation, 377 South Willow Street, Manchester, NH
• Dover Point DMV Substation 50 Boston Harbor Road (off Route 4), Dover, NH
• State Police Barracks Troop C, 15 Ash Brook Court, Keene, NH
• State Police Barracks Troop E, 1864 Route 16, Tamworth, NH
• State Police Barracks Troop F, 549 Route 302, Twin Mountain, NH