As part of the New Hampshire Department of Education certification requirements, students enrolled in an educator preparation program leading to certification must demonstrate basic skills in reading, writing, and math. Candidates enrolled in certification programs must complete one of the following before the internship.
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Reading, Mathematics, and Writing);
- Other states’ basic skills testing for educators (state dependent, additional tests may be required);
- Performance at or above the fiftieth percentile on a nationally recognized test in the areas of reading, writing and mathematics such as, but not limited to, the SAT, GRE, or ACT;
Praxis Core: Test Evaluation Request
To use scores from other exams, candidates must create a New Hampshire Educator Informaiton Systems (EIS) account and submit the scores online.
Download Written Directions for creating the EIS account and submitting SAT, GRE or ACT scores.
Video explanation for creating the EIS account and submitting SAT, GRE or ACT scores.
When the test evaluation is completed, EIS will send an email to the student. The Holmes Center should also receive notification from EIS, and will update Taskstream.
Praxis Core Academic skills test:
The Praxis Core Academic Skills test is administered electronically by Educational Testing Services at various locations throughout the country. To learn more about where the Praxis Core is administered, visit the ETS Website or the F.A.Q. Scores must be sent to Plymouth State University. To register, please visit the E.T.S. website.
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Reading
- Test Code: 5713*; Qualifying Score: 156
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Writing
- Test Code: 5723*; Qualifying Score: 162
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics
- Test Code: 5733* ; Qualifying Score: 150
- New Combined Test Code: 5752
*New Test Codes updated on September 5th, 2019
ETS provides accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-Related Needs. Please visit ETS to learn more.
Praxis Core Resources
- Math Activities Center will help students prepare for the Praxis Core Math. Located in Hyde Hall 351. Hours: Monday-Thursday: 10-5 pm; Friday: 10-2 pm.
- Khan Academy has a new site for the Praxis Core Preparation.
- Praxis Core Reading (5713) preparation materials and study companion.
- Praxis Core Writing (5723) preparation materials and study companion.
- Praxis Core Mathematics (5733) preparation materials and study companion
Praxis Core Fee Waivers
ETS provides Praxis Core fee waivers for eligible students. Directions and Eligibility requirements for the Fee Waivers. You’ll need to submit the Fee Wavier request, Student Aid Report and Enrollment Verification certificate to ETS.
Access a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) via your FAFSA.gov account. You may also visit the Plymouth State Financial Aid office to request help in obtaining this document.
The Enrollment Verification Certificate is available in the Self-Service section of myplymouth.