As part of the New Hampshire Department of Education certification requirements, students enrolled in an educator preparation program leading to certification must demonstrate basic skills in reading, writing, and math. Candidates enrolled in certification programs must complete one of the following before the internship.
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Reading, Mathematics, and Writing);
- Other states’ basic skills testing for educators (state dependent, additional tests may be required);
- Performance at or above the fiftieth percentile on a nationally recognized test in the areas of reading, writing and mathematics such as, but not limited to, the SAT, GRE, or ACT;
Update: The NH DOE will email a copy of the results to the students only. Please share these results with the Holmes Center.
PRAXIS Core Academic skills test: The PRAXIS Core Academic Skills test is administered electronically by Educational Testing Services at various locations throughout the country. To learn more about where the PRAXIS Core is administered, visit the ETS Website or the F.A.Q. Scores must be sent to Plymouth State University. To register, please visit the E.T.S. website.
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Reading
- Test Code: 5713*; Qualifying Score: 156
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Writing
- Test Code: 5723*; Qualifying Score: 162
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics
- Test Code: 5733* ; Qualifying Score: 150
- New Combined Test Code: 5752
*New Test Codes updated on September 5th, 2019
Praxis Core Resources
- Math Activites Center will help students prepare for the Praxis Core Math. Located in Hyde Hall 351. Hours: Monday-Thursday: 10-5 pm; Friday: 10-2 pm.
- Khan Academy has a new site for the Praxis Core Preparation.
- Praxis Core Reading (5713) preparation materials and study companion.
- Praxis Core Writing (5723) preparation materials and study companion.
- Praxis Core Mathematics (5733) preparation materials and study companion.