Covid-19 Praxis Testing Updates from ETS
As part of the New Hampshire Department of Education Licensure requirements, students enrolled in an educator preparation program leading to certification must meet the Basic Academic Skills Assessment (BASA) in reading, writing, and math. Here are some options for meeting the Basic Academic Skills Assessment (BASA) requirement:
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Reading, Mathematics, and Writing);
- Other states’ basic skills testing for educators (state dependent, additional tests may be required);
- Performance at or above a predetermined score (set by the NHDOE) on a nationally recognized test in the areas of reading, writing, and/or mathematics such as, but not limited to, the SAT, GRE, or ACT. Submit the Test Evaluation Request directly to the NHDOE, as outlined below.
- Hold a New Hampshire Beginning Educator or Experienced Educator License. Please visit the NHDOE Knowledge Base for more information on this option.
Praxis Core: Test Evaluation Request
To use scores from other exams, candidates must create a New Hampshire Educator Information Systems (EIS) account and submit the scores online.
Download Written Directions for creating the EIS account and submitting SAT, GRE or ACT scores.
Video explanation for creating the EIS account and submitting SAT, GRE or ACT scores.
When the test evaluation is completed, EIS will send an email to the student. The Holmes Center should also receive notification from EIS, and will update Taskstream.
Praxis Core Academic Skills test:
The Praxis Core Academic Skills test is administered electronically by Educational Testing Services at various locations throughout the country. To learn more about where the Praxis Core is administered, visit the ETS Website or the F.A.Q. Scores must be sent to Plymouth State University. To register, please visit the E.T.S. website.
*New Test Codes updated on September 5th, 2019
ETS provides accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-Related Needs. Please visit ETS to learn more.
The full Praxis Core retake policy is posted here. From the ETS website “If you feel you did not perform to your potential, you may retake a Praxis test once every 35 days, not including your initial test date.”
Praxis Core Resources
- Math Activities Center will help students prepare for the Praxis Core Math. Please visit the website to set up an appointment. Here is the email address: email@example.com.
- Khan Academy has a new site for the Praxis Core Preparation.
- Praxis Core Reading (5713) preparation materials and study companion.
- Praxis Core Writing (5723) preparation materials and study companion.
- Praxis Core Mathematics (5733) preparation materials and study companion
Praxis Core Fee Waivers
ETS provides Praxis Core fee waivers for eligible students. Directions and Eligibility requirements for the Fee Waivers. You’ll need to submit the Fee Wavier request, Student Aid Report and Enrollment Verification certificate to ETS.
Access a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) via your FAFSA.gov account. You may also visit the Plymouth State Financial Aid office to request help in obtaining this document.
The Enrollment Verification Certificate is available in the Self-Service section of myplymouth.