The Plymouth State University Financial Aid Team is committed to assisting qualified students who are unable to meet their entire educational expenses from their own and their family’s resources. Financial aid is awarded to students based on need or through merit scholarships recognizing academic or performing achievements.Do you have questions about the FAFSA application? The Department of Education’s HOMEROOM website is a great resource.
IRS Announces Changes to Tax Transcript Retrieval Processes
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced earlier this week, that it would no longer be faxing or physically mailing tax transcripts to certain requestors in an effort to further protect sensitive taxpayer information.
Starting at the end of this month, the IRS will stop all faxing of tax transcripts, both individual and business. Private citizens, and third parties including tax professionals, will no longer be able to receive tax transcripts through the fax service. Individuals requesting their tax transcripts are recommended to use the IRS.gov “Get Transcript Online” or “Get Transcript by Mail” services.
Further, effective July 1st of this year, tax filers will no longer be able to request tax transcripts through Forms 4506, 4506-T and 4506T-EZ be sent directly to third parties. Individual tax filers will still be able to use these forms to request their own tax transcripts to share with a third party if they choose to.
The IRS has confirmed neither of these changes will have any effect on the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) currently part of the FAFSA process.
Our Pledge to You
- We hold you in our highest regard and will treat you with respect, sensitivity, and honesty.
- We will greet you with a smile. We will keep all your financial information in the strictest of confidence.
- We will do all we can to help you within the legal limits of PSU, state, and federal regulations.
- When you call us on the telephone, we will greet you with our names and a smile in our voice.
- If at any time you are dissatisfied with our service, please ask to speak with a supervisor.