Our Global Spring 2018 Orientation (for both International and Exchange Students) will fully prepare you to be a successful student at PSU! This mandatory program for all new PSU international (F-1) and exchange (J-1 and NSE) students establishes a foundation for success.
Highlights of the International & Exchange Orientation
- Airport Pick-Up from Boston-Logan Airport
- Early Move-In to campus housing
- University and academic information sessions
- tour of campus and Town of Plymouth, New Hampshire
- US government-mandated immigration sessions (F-1 and J-1 students)
- session on personal safety and health, including local/state/federal laws and legal system with local law enforcement officials
- exposure and introduction to the surrounding community
- cross-cultural training to adapt to life in New Hampshire
- opportunity to get settled (ex: shopping for dorm living, opening bank accounts, purchasing cell phones)
- excursions to local attractions
- social activities with Residential Life and Student Activities Departments
- plenty of food
- and meeting new friends!
The Global Orientation occurs prior to the required Plymouth State’s Spring 2018 orientation — yes, you’ll be involved with TWO orientations! The Global Orientation team is comprised of University staff and an amazing group of student leaders. We guarantee by the first day of classes on January 29th, 2018 you will be well-informed about student life at Plymouth State, and will have had many opportunities to meet and make new friends, have fun and be ready to start your academic career as a Panther!
The Spring 2018 Orientation Schedule will be posted here when it is completed. The mandatory arrival date is Wednesday, January 24th, 2018. You will be busy from the time you arrive through to the first day of classes! Don’t worry: you’ll have time to go shopping, get a cell phone, open a bank account, get settled in your on-campus room, get your classes organized, and start making new friends!
To be a part of this amazing welcoming to Plymouth State, you need to complete the Orientation and Arrival Form