PSU provides students several opportunities to apply for funding to support international opportunities.
The Barbara Willey ’37 Endowment for International Study Scholarship Fund. Applications are available through the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs Office as well as online.
The Crawford Martin Opportunity Grants (CMOG) were established in 2011 with the intent of providing degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students of Plymouth State University with funding to meet ordinary and extraordinary educational opportunities that enable them to persist in attaining their degrees. These funds are expressly for covering expenses related to educational activity and should be accessed only after other campus funding resources have been pursued. The grants must be applied for and used in the same academic year. This means Study Away students planning for a Fall program should apply in early September (if need be, one can apply while on a Fall Study Away program and any grants awarded will be credited to a student’s tuition or financial aid for that same Fall semester).
- Snyder ’63 Semester at Sea Annual Scholarship
- Estes German Study Abroad Scholarship
- Information about financial aid
Other Scholarship Sources:
CISabroad Programs Scholarship
- Application fee waived
- Scholarships awarded to students: Application available on CIS’s website
The U.S. government believes it is important for citizens to be better educated about the world and is providing scholarship assistance to help college students engage in overseas study. Below are links to additional scholarship opportunities. Read the instructions carefully since some scholarships do have a service component associated with receipt of the scholarship.
All of these scholarships are competitive with other students around the U.S. To be the most competitive it is important to:
- Read instructions carefully and check the application deadlines
- Prepare a draft of your essay and have it reviewed by a faculty member, the Writing Center (Lamson Library) or a study abroad advisor
Possible scholarships are:
- NSEP (Boren Scholarship): Deadlines vary
- Asia Freeman, Instiute of InternationalEducation
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Fulbright Program for U.S. Students
- Study Abroad in Japan: Bridging Scholarships