The University does not waive your student health fee; and this fee does not replace health insurance. It covers the cost of your visits to the Student Health Service clinic as well as services at the Michael L. Fischler Counseling Center on campus. Patients or their personal health insurance will be charged by Speare Hospital for outside services such as lab tests, X-ray, etc.
The following is a list of some charges which may be incurred at Health Services but are not covered by the Health Fee. We will discuss these fees with patients prior to service.
Tests performed at Health Services and Sent to Speare Memorial Hospital Lab (These may be billed to your MyPymouth Account)
- Herpes Simplex Virus Types I & II
- Vaginal Culture
- Triage (13 drug toxicity screen)
Other Items and Materials that are Charged by Health Services (These items will be billed to your MyPlymouth Account)
- Mantoux Testing
- TDap Injections
- Various vaccinations
- Unreturned crutches
- Various medications for treatment
- Allergy syringes for semester
The billing process is as follows:
- A current list of charges is available at Student Health Services. We will discuss charges with patients prior to providing service.
- Fees are added to your Student Account Services bill and will not indicate what tests were done. You will need to check your account online.
- You may request an itemized bill indicating what tests have been done.