New Students


FYI for Incoming Students


  • Health Services is located in Mary Taylor House at 12 Merrill Street, across from the Merrill Place residence hall.
  • Incoming students are required to have a physical. Please have your health care provider complete the PSU physical form and PSU immunization record form. Forms are included in student Orientation packets or available at Health Services. We also ask that you complete a TB screening form and patient contact form. These forms may be mailed or faxed to the above address/fax number. Students involved in athletic programs must meet Athletic Department requirements.
  • We offer treatment for illness and injuries, reproductive health care; sexually transmitted infection testing; continuation of care for post injuries/surgeries, sports clearances, and provide continuation of care for numerous chronic conditions. We also work closely with the Plymouth State University Counseling Center on behavioral health care referrals and phycho-pharmacy medication.
  • If you would like Health Services to provide care for an existing condition, please call to be certain we have the means to provide necessary care. You should bring a four-week supply of your current medication, and schedule an appointment when you arrive on campus. We will need notes from your current medical provider regarding the condition. You may bring them to the appointment or have them faxed to us at the number listed above. Please allow for up to four weeks for the transfer of records.
  • Health Service visits are free for full-time students as part of the health fee paid in tuition. There are additional charges for some supplies and in-clinic testing. We will ask for insurance information for tests sent to the lab at Speare Memorial Hospital. The University offers a once per semester discount for STI testing if preferred over insurance billing. PSU absorbs 80% of the cost for the STI test and bills the remaining 20% to the patient’s My Plymouth account.
  • PSU does not require student health insurance; however, we strongly suggest you check with your current insurance carrier to see whether or not you are covered in this area for hospitalization and urgent care. The local hospital is Speare Memorial Hospital. We use their lab for all testing. There is also an urgent care facility MedCheck Urgent Care, located less than two miles from campus offering off-hours care.
  • PSU does not offer an individual student health insurance plan for purchase. Students should remain on their current family health service plan or seek coverage in the open market.
  • Health Services is open for appointments Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and on Friday from 8:30 am until 3:00 p.m. We close weekends, spring, summer and winter breaks, and for lunch from 12-1 p.m. daily. Our staff consists of contracted medical staff from Speare Memorial Hospital and includes; medical doctors, physician assistants, APRNs, a registered nurse, a medical assistant, and a receptionist.
  • We urge students to call ahead for appointment that fits their course schedule. Appointments will have priority; but we will accept walk-ins if there are openings. Health Services does not issue excuse notes for class absences. Patients are responsible for notifying their professors of absences.
  • If you have a complicated medical condition that requires continued care, please research providers in this area or contact Health Services at 603-535-2350. If you have questions or need additional information, please leave a message at 603-535-2350 and we will get back to you shortly.