Position Title: Technical Staff Employee – PACE Films Projectionist AND/OR Program Sound Technician
Responsible To: Director of the Hartman Union / HUB Administrative Staff
Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the operation and maintenance of media equipment utilized by the HUB. Ability to work without direct supervision.
For the projectionist, this position works Tuesday or Wednesday, 6pm to 12midnight. For the sound technician, hours vary depending on the program requests – primarily evening hours. Hours will depend on availability.
- Set up and operate AV equipment, including portable PA equipment, 16mm projectors, video projectors, and lighting equipment.
- Be knowledgeable and capable of operating the “house” sound systems in the Courtroom and MPR.
- Maintain equipment in good operating condition, cleaning it as necessary.
- Return AV equipment to the tech closet upon completion of events and store equipment properly. (Ensure that wires are neatly coiled and that all equipment is readily accessible upon walking into the closet.)
- Ensure that the equipment is used safely and responsibly and that it is secure in its location. Remember, you are responsible for the equipment while you are working.
- Report equipment problems to your supervisor.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director or HUB management.