Position Title: Office Assistant – Administrative and Student Activities Offices
Responsible To: Director of the Hartman Union
Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the operations and services of the Hartman Union. Knowledge of office procedures, typing and computer skills, effective customer relations and communication skills.
This position works Monday-Friday, 8am – 3pm in the Administrative Office and Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm in the Student Activities Office. Hours will depend on availability.
- Assist with clerical work as assigned by professional staff. (Clerical work includes, but is not limited to: computer data entry, word processing, filing, coordinating mailings, collating/assembly of packets, photocopying, printing, making I.D.s, updating files and calendars, and distributing mail to professional staff mail boxes.)
- Be aware of office procedures for various routine tasks.
- Be familiar with expectations regarding the quality of work.
- Assist customers in any way possible. Be aware of the daily events occurring in the building. Be familiar with the physical layout of the Hartman Union and the rest of the campus so that you may direct unfamiliar individuals to their desired locations. Be aware of all general information.
- Receive incoming calls; answer questions, take messages, transfer calls to appropriate parties (see specific Information Booth/Office Assistant training materials for procedures).
- Announce the arrival of appointments and/or walk-in’s to the appropriate administrators.
- If working in the Administrative Office, send and record receipt of faxes.
- Be knowledgeable of the campus Posting Policy and mark publicity appropriate for display with the “POSTED” stamp, indicating the current day’s date on the publicity.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, training sessions, and two professional development sessions per semester.
- Be available to assist at the Information Booth if necessary. All Office Assistants must be familiar with Information Booth procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director or HUB management.