Position Title: Student Involvement Office/Welcome Desk Assistant
Responsible To: Director of Involvement; Administrative Assistant
Qualifications: Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the operations and services of the Hartman Union. Knowledge of office procedures, knowledge of web and ability to resource information via online tools, basic understanding and ability to use Word programs, effective customer relations and communication skills.
Hours: This position works Monday-Friday, 8am-8:00pm in the Student Involvement Office and Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm at the HUB Welcome Desk. Hours will depend on availability.
- Provide exceptional customer service to students and patrons visiting the office, or calling. Be aware of daily events occurring in the building, be familiar with the physical layout of the building and of campus, understand all policies related to the HUB and relay them accordingly.
- Assist with office work as assigned by professional staff (this includes, but is not limited to: computer word processing, filing, coordinating mailings, collating/assembly of packets, photocopying, printing, making I.D.s, updating files and calendars, and distributing mail to professional staff mail boxes.)
- Be aware of office procedures for various routine tasks.
- Be familiar with expectations regarding the quality of work.
- Manage distribution of office keys for student organizations. Ensure that keys are given only to those authorized students whose names appear on the key list, and make sure they sign the KEY SIGN OUT SHEET.
- Manage distribution of tech equipment to PSC ID bearing individuals. Make sure to log tech equipment checked out on the TECH SIGNOUT SHEET.
- Receive incoming calls; answer questions, take messages, transfer calls to appropriate parties (see specific Welcome Desk/Office Assistant training materials for procedures).
- Announce the arrival of appointments and/or walk-in’s to the appropriate administrators.
- If working in the Student Involvement Office, send and record receipt of faxes.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Involvement or Student Involvement professional staff.