Position Title: Office Assistant – Administrative and Student Activities Offices
Responsible To: Assistant Directors of Student Activities
Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the operations and services of the Hartman Union, student activities, and student organizations. Knowledge of office procedures, typing and computer skills, effective customer relations and communication skills required.
This position works appx. 8-10 hours per week when the office is open: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Scheduled hours depend upon availability and work study allotments.
- Assist with clerical work as assigned by professional staff. Clerical work includes, but is not limited to: computer data entry, word processing, filing, coordinating mailings, collating/assembly of packets, photocopying, printing, updating files and calendars, and distributing mail to professional staff mail boxes.
- Be aware of office procedures for various routine tasks.
- Be familiar with expectations regarding the quality of work.
- Assist customers in every way possible.
- Be aware of the daily events occurring in the building.
- Receive incoming calls; answer questions, take messages, transfer calls to appropriate parties.
- Announce the arrival of appointments and/or walk-in’s to the appropriate administrators.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- All Office Assistants must be familiar with Student Activities Office procedures, as well as Student Organization policies and procedures, and OrgSync. Full training is provided.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Directors of Student Activities.