This revised and enhanced COVID-19 Early Retirement Program replaces the previously announced COVID-19 early retirement program for staff employees.
- USNH HR Bulletin Announcement – “Coronavirus (COVID-19) Benefits and Employment Frequently Asked Questions”, May 1, 2020
(contained information regarding the original Enhanced Retirement Benefit, see item #34)
- Applicant is a USNH status (benefits eligible) employee
- Requested retirement date is June 30, 2021 or earlier
- Minimum of 10 Years of status service (benefits eligible), by the requested and approved retirement date
- Age of 59 1/2 by the approved retirement date
- Applications must be submitted by October 15, 2020
The applicant’s request for the voluntary program and proposed retirement date will be subject to approval by Senior Leadership.
- ALL APPROVED REQUESTS receive:
- 75% of annual base salary paid out as a salary continuance over 20 pay periods (9 months) following the approved retirement date
- Continued USNH medical coverage until the age of 65
- Health insurance only.
- If employee opts to waive medical coverage, they will receive an additional one-time payment of $15,000
- COBRA will be offered for dental and vision benefits.
- All other benefits including retirement, will continue until the last day of the month in which the employee retires.
- If age 62 to 65:
- Additional $500 per year of status service
- If age 65 or older:
- Additional $1,000 per year of status service
Submit a completed CERP Staff Application and CERP 2020 Release and Waiver form to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2020.
*Note: Please download and save fillable forms prior to entering information.*