Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students must be admitted to the university and to the nursing program. Each cohort of nursing majors is limited to 40 students. First year applicants may complete either a Common Application or a Panther Application which can be found on the Admissions website.
The following criteria must be met in order to be considered for admissions into the Pre-licensure Nursing Program:
- Submit either an ATI TEAS score at the “Proficient” level or above (to learn more about preparing for the test please go here), or a revised SAT (taken as of March 2016) with a minimum score of 1080, with a minimum score of 500 in the Evidence-Based Reading & Writing component and the Math component.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater in High School science courses
- Demonstration of math proficiency: courses in Algebra I, II and Geometry
- Average to strong writing skills, demonstrated in the application essay