The National Writing Project E-Anthology is an annually recurring national online forum dedicated to supporting invitational summer institutes. It provides participants a safe online space to publish their writing and reflections during the institute. This initiative connects teachers and leaders from all over the country, allowing them to interact, share writing, discuss best practices, and talk about their experiences at the summer institutes and in their teaching practices. The national e-anthology opens in mid-May and remains open until the end of August. For more about this interactive anthology, visit the National Writing Project. If you are a member of the Plymouth Writing Project or another chapter of the NWP and want to participate in the national e-anthology, contact your site director or technical liaison.
The Summer Anthologies collect writing by participants in the Plymouth Writing Project invitational and advanced leadership institutes. These works are typically written during the institute itself, and are as diverse in form, content, and theme as our participants. Some are inspired by one of the visiting professional writers. Most are shared and revised in writing groups or at open mic sessions. Each fellow or returning fellow is asked to contribute, and project faculty and staff are invited to do so as well. The final anthologies are assembled by the project technical liaison. These were originally eAnthologies presented on individual HTML pages, and later archived in Adobe PDF editions. In 2006, the Plymouth Writing Project started offering printed versions of each anthology as well.
- Vol. 7 – Summer Institute 2008 – download a PDF or buy a copy of the print edition!
- Vol. 6 – Summer Institute 2007 – download a PDF or buy a copy of the print edition!
- Vol. 5 – Summer Institute 2006 (PDF) – or buy a copy of the print edition!
- Vol. 4 – Summer Institute 2005 (PDF)
- Vol. 3 – Summer Institute 2004 (PDF)
- Vol. 2 – Summer Institute 2003 (PDF)
- Vol. 1 – Summer Institute 2002 (PDF)
A sample e-anthology from our summer camps for young writers is also available:
- Camp for Young Writers eAnthology 2009 (PDF)
- Camp for Young Writers eAnthology 2005 (PDF)