- Trip Date
Before participating in the Camping and Hiking trip you must be made aware of the following potential risk associated with the practice of Camping and Hiking.
Be aware that Camping and Hiking has the possibility of physical injury, pain, physical or mental disability, mental trauma, or death directly or indirectly caused by but not limited to:
- falling from high places
- hiking or walking in steep, rugged, and slippery terrain
- bites or strings inflicted by animals, insects, reptiles, or plants
- the forces of nature, including lightening, weather changes, hypothermia, hyperthermia, sunburn, high winds, and others not names
- burns caused by stoves or campfires
- the physical exertion associated with the outdoor activity
- become lost and isolated from help
- vehicle related accidents
- property damage or loss
- being hit by manmade or natural objects falling from above
- immersion in cold water
- immersion in fast-moving water
- drowning or near drowning
- Trip Leader Signature*
- Co-Trip Leader Signature
*By signing this document I certify that I have carefully explained the above potential risks and allowed time for all students to ask questions regarding these risks.
I was present at the time of the acknowledgement of risk presentation or receive the same information at a later time, but before participating to the class activities.
- Student Name (Print)
- Student Signature