The President’s Commission on the Status of Women was first established by President William Farrell in 1991. It is comprised of PSU community members including undergraduate, non-traditional, and graduate students, as well as Operating Staff, PAT’s and Faculty.
The Mission of the PCSW is six-fold:
- To identify broad-based and special concerns for women’s issues and issues of gender equality at Plymouth State University.
- To create and recommend policies to improve the climate for women and guarantee an environment of equal educational and employment opportunities.
- To collaborate with existing organizations to promote a non-sexist and nondiscriminatory environment.
- To inform the University community on the status of women by collecting data, initiating and supporting outreach programs, and by preparing and disseminating informational publications.
- To help women develop their skills, continue their education and increase networking by suggesting, and assisting in, the implementation of informational and educational programs.
- To stimulate thinking regarding the basic social changes occurring in our society as newly defined roles for all genders emerge.