Here are some photos of the Summer Camp which overlooks the lake.
The Loon Lake Camp is available to Faculty, Staff and Alumni for personal use.
Physical Plant oversees the scheduling of the camp for summer visits on a first-come-first-serve basis. Rental of the camp for weekly summer stays is available for a nominal price of $275.
Please take note of the following information regarding PSU’s Loon Lake camp. This document is intended to clarify the use of the camp.
**THE LOON LAKE CAMP IS AVAILABLE TO FACULTY, STAFF and ALUMNI FOR PERSONAL USE UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ONLY**
Use of Plymouth State University’s Loon Lake camp is limited. The camp property and access to the lake are available for faculty, staff & alumni on a first-come-first-serve basis or as part of a registered PSU program with faculty or faculty appointed supervision ONLY. Loon Lake is a “private” lake with no public access and for this reason Faculty, Staff and Alumni can not access the lake via the camp property unless they have reserved, been awarded, paid for a week and have been issued a permit, or they are part of a PSU program that has registered to use the camp. Availability of annual weekly reservations will be announced in April. A date will be included when faculty, staff and alumni are welcomed to submit reservation requests via email. Available weeks will be allotted to faculty, staff and alumni first-come-first-serve basis. The camp season begins in May and ends in early October (weather permitting). As a courtesy to all registered camp guests, we ask that you PLEASE pay strict attention to the no trespassing signs located at the camp and this notice to avoid any unnecessary action. If you have personal watercraft or property currently located at the camp please remove it as soon as possible or contact UPD to arrange a time when it can be removed. Should you have any questions regarding the use of the camp, please contact Physical Plant @ (603) 535‐2254.
1. The Loon Lake camp season begins in May and ends in early October, weather permitting.
2. The Camp, located at Loon Lake, is available to administrators, faculty, staff, alumni and student organizations. Camp use is limited and a permit is required. Loon Lake Camp Use
3. Those interested in reserving the camp as part of a PSU program should contact Physical Plant prior to April of each year.
4. Persons using the camp should help enforce the ruling that this is a private beach for the use of registered University members and their guests only. Dependents must be accompanied by a staff person.
5. When all official University needs are met the camp may be reserved by staff families for a period not to exceed one week. To help defray the maintenance costs for the camp a charge of $275.00 per week will be made.
(A WEEK BEGINS AT 3 PM ON FRIDAY AND ENDS AT 10 AM THE FOLLOWING FRIDAY)
6. All users must take great care to see that the BBQ grill/fires are thoroughly extinguished and all doors and windows are securely fastened upon leaving.
7. The camp must be cleaned by the user. This includes appliances, bathroom, floors, etc. All waste and garbage must be removed from the property by the user and the camp grounds should be cleaned of trash before you leave. Please be considerate of the next patron and leave the facility on time and in good condition. (A $25/hr fee will be assessed if camp is not left clean)
8. The driveway serves as a right-of-way to adjoining camps. DO NOT PARK IN THE DRIVEWAY.
9. Common decency and courtesy prevail in any use of this area. No large parties or gatherings are allowed as the camp is in a quiet residential area.
10. No external noise after 8 PM to respect the rights of the neighbors. No large parties or gatherings are allowed as the camp is in a quiet residential area.
11. The camp cannot be sublet or given to any relative or extended family member, i.e.: outside groups.
12. Please make sure to secure the cabin and all outside equipment (grill, etc.) when not on site or in use.
13. Please shut off all electrical power when you leave especially the water pump breaker switch located in the downstairs bed-room.
14. No open flames outside other than in a B-B-Q Grill.
15. CAMP USE PERMIT must be at the camp available to present during the reservation period. *Reminder: University Advisors, Faculty/Staff & awarded reservations winners must be present at all times during the reservation. University Police will patrol the camp location for safety/security purposes.