|Visitors to PSU
- Most lots on campus are not available to visitors. Visitors must obtain a permit to park in visitor lots.
- A Guest/Visitor Temporary Parking Permit can be purchased for daily, weekend, or weekly use.
- Remember to print off your Temporary Guest Permit after purchasing.
- Guest Permits must be displayed face up on your dash at ALL times.
- Guests are still subject to all other rules and regulations regarding parking on Campus including Lot Maintenance.
- Day parking is also available for .25/hr at our Kiosk Lot 408 off of Merrill St.
|Permits are Required
- All campus lots require a valid PSU parking permit year-round. A sign is posted at the entrance to each parking lot, which indicates the permit that is required to park there and the lot number.
- You can obtain a parking lot map at the UPD office or view it online.
|Loading and Unloading
- When dropping off/picking up people or items at buildings park in a regular spot, and put your flashers on.
- If you’re there too long, you may be ticketed.
- Please do NOT park in front of buildings without prior permission from University Police. These are Fire Lanes and you will be ticketed.
- Throughout campus there are paths and roadways which are blocked by metal posts called bollards. Sometimes these are put down by Physical Plant or University Police for business purposes.
- Please do NOT drive into these areas without authorization from University Police. Doing so will subject you to being fined.
|Winter Lot Maintenance
- Parking lots MUST be vacated during scheduled times, regardless of existing weather and snow conditions, so that as many students as possible can find a place to park.
- Any vehicle remaining during scheduled lot maintenance will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense/risk.
- Be sure to review, and print, a copy of the lot maintenance schedule.
|What If I Get a Parking Ticket?
||If you receive a parking ticket:
- You have the right to appeal your ticket during the first 10 days after ticketing.
- Follow the instructions printed on your citation to submit your appeal online. You will receive an emailed response.
- All ticket appeals are reviewed by UPD’s internal appeals committee.
- If your appeal is not accepted, you have 30 days from the date of ticketing to pay your fine. After 30 days, PSU begins a collections process and the fine doubles.
|Of the many experiences guests may have at the University, parking can be as challenging as any of them. We hope you have found this information helpful!