Self Defense is R.A.D.
Rape Aggression Defense Systems (R.A.D)
What Is R.A.D. Systems?
- A comprehensive program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women
- Currently taught at many universities and colleges
- Starts with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, and progresses to the basics of hands-on defense training.
- Taught by certified R.A.D. instructors.
- Not a martial arts program—no previous experience is required.
- Simple and effective
- Based on solid research and our unique teaching method
About the R.A.D. Course
- The R.A.D. Systems course teaches women self-defense concepts and techniques. We cover various types of potential assault, addressing each type with easy, effective, and proven self-defense tactics.
- A.D. provides the knowledge and skills women need to make an educated decision about resistance.
- Certified R.A.D. instructors use our specialized simulation techniques and equipment
- Course includes a workbook/reference manual that outlines the entire physical defense program, so you can refer back and continue to improve once the course is over.
- Free lifetime return and practice policy—any class, anywhere. R.A.D. is the only self-defense program with this policy—good anywhere in the world that R.A.D. courses are offered.
Register for R.A.D. at Plymouth State University:
- 1-credit PE Elective
- Cost of the book: $15.00
- Classes are usually offered four times throughout the year (two during fall semester and two during spring semester).
More About R.A.D.
R.A.D. Systems has trained over 900,000 women since 1989. With more than 11,000 trained instructors, R.A.D. is the largest network of its kind. These Instructors teach at colleges, universities, community organizations, and municipal law enforcement agencies nationally and internationally. R.A.D. is the only self-defense program ever endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA), the National Academy of Defense Education, the National Self- Defense Institute (NSDI), and Redman Training Gear.
More Resources in Plymouth NH
Voices Against Violence: 877-221-6176
Police Communications Emergency: 603-536-1626
Learn more about R.A.D. at www.rad-systems.com