Below are links to important resources for advising:
- Read some tips from Terri Dautcher (two-time winner of the Outstanding Advisor award) on how to empower yourself to learn about and complete the curriculum to earn your degree.
- Important forms – Most will be found at the Registrar’s homepage (it’s even possible to change your major online!)
- Academic minor requirements – Look here to help choose a minor (be sure to print out the requirements because they’re not currently listed in Degree Works!)
- Summer and winterim – Students may complete up to 6 credits per winterim and up to 9 credits per summer. The additional costs for tuition can be found here. Alternatively, students can earn credit by examination through the CLEP/DSST exams.
- Billing information – Look here to learn about policies, payment schedules, and how to access your bill.
- Transferring credit – This page outlines PSU’s transfer credit policies and includes a database to help you figure out which requirements at PSU will be satisfied by courses completed at other universities.
- Graduation and commencement requirements – The time to examine this checklist is the fall semester of your senior year. (Remember that Graduation Applications for spring must be submitted in February!)
- Procedure for changing advisors – Students wishing to change advisors may request reassignment at the Center for Student Success / Advising located in Speare 108 (or by calling 603-535-3065). Any student who would like to be reassigned to a particular advisor must first ask that advisor. If the faculty member agrees, the request is then processed. No paperwork is necessary.
- Still can’t find what you need? Try visiting the homepages for the Registrar, the Center for Student Success / Advising, or search through the Academic Catalog.