NOTE: completed forms may be submitted to the Registrar’s Office using any of the following methods: delivered in person, faxed, mailed, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF attachment.
All forms on this page are available in Adobe PDF unless otherwise noted. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, please visit Adobe, Inc, to download a copy free. Online forms will require your PSU User Credentials.
- Change of Name Form
- Release Education Records (for students) – available in the registrar’s office
- Request for a Change in Enrollment Status Form (part-time to full-time)(full-time to part-time)
- Withdrawal from Plymouth State University Form
Prior to leaving, students should inform the academic student advocate of their intention to withdraw from the University; a withdrawal survey and a PSU withdrawal form should be completed. A completed withdrawal form should be returned to the academic student advocate, located in Frost House. To access the survey and form please click on the PSU withdrawal form above.
Withdrawing from the University prior to the beginning of the final examination period, when all University obligations have been met, means that students’ academic records are not adversely affected by the semester in which they withdraw. A notation of W will be recorded on students’ transcripts. If students withdraw after the beginning of the final examination period, without taking final examinations, failing grades will be recorded on students’ transcripts for the semester in which they withdrew.
Students may request a leave of absence from studies for one or two consecutive semesters’ absence from Plymouth (this policy applies only to continuous fall and spring semesters; early spring and summer sessions are not considered to be a part of a student’s regular continuous enrollment). A leave of absence is appropriate if the student intends to return to the University following a temporary absence for compelling reasons, which may include but are not limited to: military service, family emergencies, or medical reasons. Eligible students who apply for and receive a leave of absence retain their status as an active student which guarantees retention of their Plymouth email account, access to myPlymouth, and the ability to register online. No readmission application or fees are required if the student re-enrolls for a fall or spring semester immediately following the leave of absence. If there is no intent to return to the University, or if a student is unable to return following the leave of absence period, the regular withdrawal procedure should be followed.
Eligibility for a Leave of Absence
To be eligible for a leave of absence the following criteria must be met:
1. The student must be matriculated during the semester in which the leave of absence is requested.
2. The student must be in good academic standing.
3. The student must not be subject to university initiated disciplinary action.
4. The student must have no restrictions/holds on their registration.
5. The student must provide documentation to support the leave of absence request.
Additional Conditions for a Leave of Absence
1. Students have the right to request a leave of absence more than once, but may not exceed a total of two years for all approved requests.
2. Students have the right to return earlier than the initially agreed upon return date.
3. Students who do not return to Plymouth at the end of the leave of absence period will be withdrawn from the university and must follow all procedures for readmission if, in the future, they seek to re-enroll as a matriculated student.
4. Students are not eligible to receive financial aid payments from the university during the leave of absence period.
5. Students may not live in on-campus residential facilities, attend classes, or seek/maintain university sponsored employment during a leave of absence. Students may not enroll in early spring or summer sessions if those alternative sessions fall within the time period of the requested leave of absence.
6. Students are responsible for understanding all implications of a leave of absence, including but not limited to the following:
• Potential loss of financial aid
• Potential loan repayment
• Potential loss of health insurance coverage
If a student currently receives financial aid, their financial aid award will be reevaluated as a result of the leave
Process for Requesting a Leave of Absence
To request a leave of absence, a student must fill out a Plymouth State University request for Leave of Absence form above. Upon completion, the form must be returned to the office of the academic student advocate (Frost House).
Returning from a Leave of Absence
A student returning from a leave of absence is automatically reactivated for matriculation by the registrar, effective with the subsequent fall or spring semester following the leave.
- First Day Drops (full-time undergraduate)
- Undergraduate Grade Change (faculty only) (Online version)
- Graduate Grade Change (faculty only) (Online version)
- Request for a Grade of Incomplete(faculty only)
- Graduate Request for a Grade of Incomplete(Faculty only)
- Incomplete Deadline Extension (faculty only)
- New Faculty ID Request (department only)