Given the size of the social work faculty, there is no committee structure within the program. However, there is an Advisory Board to the program that was established in Fall 1992. The purpose and structure are as follows:
- To develop and maintain ongoing ties between the social work practice community and the program/department.
- To provide opportunities for students, field instructors and social work practitioners to contribute to the program’s educational policies and curriculum content.
10-12 members, which include current students, alumni, field instructors, and social work practitioners from a range of fields of practice; Department Chair, and Field Education Director. Students who attend the meetings are either officers of the Social Work Club and/or a student representative to NH NASW. View a list of our members >>
Meetings are held as needed, usually 2 times a year. All Social Work faculty and selected students are invited to attend.
Board members have the opportunity to offer feedback, suggestions and recommendations to address the areas listed below, as well as others identified by the board:
- student preparation to meet community needs;
- expectations for students in field education and ability of agencies to meet these needs;
- anticipated changes in the curriculum and/or structure of the program; and
- the maintenance and development of educational policies regarding student recruitment, admission, advisement, retention, and graduation.