Plymouth State University has a long tradition of meeting the evolving educational needs of the New Hampshire and New England community. Established in 1871 as Plymouth Normal School, the institution became Plymouth Teacher’s College in 1939, Plymouth State College in 1963, and Plymouth State University in 2003. A founding member of the University System of New Hampshire, Plymouth State now serves New Hampshire and the New England region as a comprehensive institution of higher education. The University confers bachelor’s and master’s degrees, certificates of advanced graduate studies, and selected professional doctorates. Professional outreach activities and graduate courses are offered at satellite locations throughout the state, and articulation agreements with other campuses of the University System and with the Community College System of New Hampshire offer a variety of program and transfer opportunities. The University also contributes directly to the ongoing academic and cultural life of the region by providing a variety of continuing education programs, concerts and theater performances, museum and art exhibits, and the athletic events of 24 varsity sports. PSU’s attractive residential campus of wide greens, tree-lined walkways, and traditional brick and clapboard buildings with an array of towers is located in the White Mountains and Lakes Region of New Hampshire, a pristine rural setting of great natural beauty and with multiple outdoor recreational opportunities within easy access of the New England region.