By enrolling in classes at Plymouth State University, students agree to pay all expenses they incur as a result of their relationship with PSU, regardless if they are billed through their PSU tuition bill account or via some other means. These costs may include, but are not limited to, tuition, fees, room, board, late fees, library fines, parking fines, and collection-related costs. Accordingly, students must accept full responsibility for adhering to all of PSU’s billing policies, including payment due dates.
Important Note About Tuition Bill Accounts
Each student enrolled at Plymouth State University is assigned a tuition bill account in his/her name. The student is responsible for all the charges and payments that occur on it. In order to maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), online access to the tuition bill account is restricted to the student only.
Notes about the treatment of non-financial aid payments:
- Personal payments made by individuals (eg. parents, guardians, relatives, etc..) on behalf of the student are considered gifts to the student and any resulting overpayments (if applicable) will be issued to the student.
- Payments received on company/business checks will be treated as external scholarships or outside scholarships to the student and will be reported annually as such on IRS Form 1098T.
Since many students rely on the help of their parent/guardian to pay their bill, it is important for students and parent(s)/guardian(s) to form an active partnership. In order to assist our students and facilitate this partnership, PSU has made the Family Access portion of myPlymouth available.
Granting Family Access:
- Log into MyPlymouth (my.plymouth.edu).
- Go to the Family Access channel on the welcome tab in myPlymouth.
- Follow the Invite Someone link to invite your family member to create their own myPlymouth account.
- Enter the requested information. Bill Notification will allow your family member to receive the same billing emails that you receive. Bill View will allow access to your official PSU bill and grant the ability to make payments. Click Grant Access.
- Be sure to tell the person you’ve invited to watch their email. They will receive an email from the system with a link they need to click to confirm the relationship and set up their own myPlymouth account.