Government Authorization

Many PSU students receive government benefits to help them pay for college. Below are some of the major programs for which Student Account Services has established procedures. Please review the appropriate information and complete the necessary steps prior to each payment due date.

Post-9/11 GI Bill®

In order for Post-9/11 GI Bill® payments to be applied to your tuition bill as anticipated payment, the following must occur on or before the payment due date:

  • Step 1:  Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to PSU’s School Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office and complete a VA Information Sheet for them.
  • Step 2:  Sign a Student Payment Agreement Form with Student Account Services if necessary to cover any remaining balance.  If a student plans to use monthly BAH checks to cover part of the bill they need to establish a payment agreement with Student Account Services before the semester bill is due.

 “GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

NH National Guard Educational Assistance Program

Step 1: Matriculate. The Guard member will apply and be accepted to one of the programs offered at Plymouth State University.

Step 2: Financial Aid. The Guard member annually will apply for financial aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 of each year.

Step 3:  Federal Education Benefit

  • The guard member will apply for Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) benefits, (if eligible) by contacting the full time unit support personnel to initiate their application VA 22-1990, OR
  • The Guard member who is ineligible for MGIB or has been advised by the Education Officer to use Tuition Assistance funds will submit, through the full time unit support personnel, the following:
    1. DA Form 2171 Request for Tuition Assistance – Army Continuing Education System;
    2. TAGNH Form 621-2 Statement of Agreement Tuition Assistance Program; and
    3. TAGNH Form 621 Application for Participation in Army Continuing Education System (ACES)
  • The Guard member will submit, through the full time unit support personnel a TAGNH Form 14, The New Hampshire National Guard Scholarship Fund Application.
  • The Guard member will submit, through the full time unit support personnel a TAGNH 621-1 Tuition Waiver Application Form.

Step 4:  Eligibility Certification

The unit will verify eligibility and authorization by signing

  1. Part 1 of the TAGNH 621-1; and
  2. Part 11 a.b.c. of the DA Form 2171

Step 5: Benefit Notification to College/University

The educational officer will submit Tuition Assistance and Scholarship Authorizations to the Plymouth State University Student Account Services.

Note: It is ultimately the Guard member’s responsibility to ensure that this information is submitted to Plymouth State University by the bill due date.

Vocational Rehabilitation

In order for Vocational Rehabilitation benefits to be applied to your tuition bill as an anticipated payment, the following must occur prior to the bill due date:

Step 1: Contact your State Vocational Rehabilitation counselor to obtain an Authorization Form

Here is a list of some of the agencies Plymouth State University works with:

New Hampshire

  • Manchester VA Vocational Rehab(800) 627-9304
  • Concord Regional Office(603) 271-2327
  • Keene Regional Office(800) 620 7688
  • Lebanon Regional Office(800) 621-7876


  • Vocational Rehabilitation – Rockland(207) 287-2009
  • Vocational Rehabilitation – Augusta(207) 624-5105

Note: The amount of your benefit may have an impact on your Financial Aid package.

Step 2: Mail Authorization to:

Plymouth State University

Student Account Services

17 High Street MSC #19

Plymouth, NH  03264

Please be sure the following information is included or the form(s) will be rejected.

  • Student’s name and ID number
  • Maximum billing amount
  • Name, address, and phone number of specific Voc Rehab office you are working with
  • Name of contact person
  • Term (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring)

Step 3: Plymouth State University Bills The Agency:

The first bill will be sent approximately 2 weeks after the start of each semester at which time enrollment will be verified.

Refunds: You must have an actual overpayment on your account in order to be eligible for a refund.  Refunds will not be issued based on anticipated payments.

Note: Some agencies take longer than others to pay their bill.  Students, therefore, should not count on this money for living expenses at the start of the semester.  Plan accordingly.

For all other government benefits, please call our office at (603) 535-2215 or toll free at (877) 846-5755.