Transferring Credit

Please read these important PSU transfer credit policies.

Students who are entering PSU through Admissions should not submit Transfer Credit Approval Forms for transfer credit because their transfer credit is reviewed as part of their admissions process.

All other established PSU undergraduate students, please follow the steps outlined below to transfer credit to PSU from another institution.

  • Step 1: check the Transfer Credit Database to determine if transfer course already has a PSU equivalency.
    • Please Note – The Transfer Credit Database may display previous equivalency information, in addition to the most recent.
    • Current Transfer Credit Equivalency will be determined in the Registrar’s Office for Current Students and the Admissions Office for incoming students.
    • If your course is not listed in the database, attach a catalog course description to your Transfer Credit Approval form when submitting it to the Registrar’s Office for review and approval.
      (Database does not reflect every possible course from a transfer institution but rather courses previously reviewed and evaluated).
  • Step 2: complete one Transfer Credit Request form for each transfer course that you want considered for PSU credit and submit completed forms to the Registrar’s Office for approval.
    • Forms should be submitted prior to taking any transfer course and completed forms have all shaded areas filled-in and catalog course descriptions attached if required.
    • Only transfer courses graded ‘C’ or better are acceptable for transfer credit.
    • Applicability of transfer credits to a student’s major is determined by the department sponsoring the major.
    • Students are responsible for arranging delivery of ‘official’ transcripts to the Registrar’s Office, so please request that the transfer institution send your official transcript directly to:
      PSU Registrar’s Office, MSC 7, 17 High Street, Plymouth, NH 03264
      (Hand-delivered transcripts that arrive opened are deemed ‘unofficial’).
    • Students may send an electronic copy of the official transcript, so long as it is verified an official copy (typically done through a third-party vendor such as e-Script, Parchment, etc).

NOTE: completed forms may be submitted to the Registrar’s Office using any of the following methods: delivered in person, faxed, mailed, or e-mailed to as a PDF attachment.

2+2 Agreements – link showing 2+2 agreements PSU has with other institutions.

Transfer Agreements – link showing transfer agreements PSU has with other institutions.

Courses offered by CCSNH schools which meet PSU General Education requirements. – web site contains information about transferring credits between institutions in the University System of New Hampshire (USNH) and the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH).

USNH Institutions:
Granite State College (GSC); Keene State College (KSC); Plymouth State University (PSU); University of New Hampshire (UNH)

CCSNH Institutions:
Great Bay Community College (GBCC); Lakes Region Community College (LRCC); Manchester  Community College (MCC); Nashua Community College (NCC); NHTI, Concord’s Community College (NHTI); River Valley Community College (RVCC); White Mountains Community College (WMCC)