The Writing Center uses a non-directive method to collaborate with writers. We ask genuine questions and suggest techniques and methods for revising, rewriting, and polishing drafts.
Our approach is to empower writers to express their ideas in their own way.
What to Expect During a Visit
- You will be greeted by a writing consultant.
- The consultant will fill out a visit slip so the Center can keep track of visitors.
- At the Center, you’re in charge of your conference, so let your consultant know what you want to work on.
- Conferences can be anywhere from five minutes to an hour, depending on your needs. Independent work will be encouraged after an hour.
- Lastly, you and the consultant will fill out a visit report by summarizing what was done during the session and what your next steps are. This summary is emailed to your professor, who will be glad to know you came by to work on your writing.