The purpose of the Morgridge Family Opportunity Scholarship is to provide renewable scholarships for incoming freshman who are academically promising and who are Pell-eligible to reduce the amount borrowed for educational purposes. Preference will be given to students from Belknap, Coos, Grafton, Strafford, Sullivan and Carroll counties of New Hampshire and those who are first generation in their families to attend university. Students will be chosen by the MFOS scholarship committee.
The Morgridge Family Opportunity Scholarship is an award for incoming freshmen and at $3,000 per year – $12,000 over four years, is one of the larger scholarship awards at PSU. Once selected as a recipient, the award will automatically renew to the student’s account as long as they are a student at PSU and remain in good academic standing. Based on endowment performance, two to four new MFOS scholars are selected each year.
The application is open from January 1 through May 14, for funding to begin the following academic year. To apply, students should complete the following steps:
1. Please fill out the information on the scholarship application below.
2. At the end of this application, upload an essay (one page) which answers these questions:
- In what ways have you contributed to your local school or community during your high school career?
- In what ways might you contribute to the PSU community?
- Why do you believe you are a good candidate for this award?
3. Have a current teacher or guidance counselor email or mail a letter of recommendation to the address below.
4. Arrange for an official high school transcript to be emailed or mailed to the address below.
Mail: Morgridge Scholarship, Plymouth State University, 17 High Street MSC 50, Plymouth NH 03264
The deadline has passed for submitting Morgridge Family Opportunity Scholarhip applications. The form will be available for the next awarding cycleafter January 1.