The Future of Foreign Direct Investment in New Hampshire
October 11, 2019, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
8 a.m. Coffee and Arrivals
9 a.m. Introduction
President Donald L. Birx, Plymouth State University
9:15 a.m. Keynote and Remarks
Commissioner Taylor Caswell, New Hampshire Department of Business and Economic Affairs
9:45 a.m. New Hampshire Foreign Direct Investment Data: 2018 and 2019 Reports
Professors Jonathan Dapra, Roxana Wright, and Chen Wu; Plymouth State University
- An overview and practical applications of FDI
- What’s happening in NH: FDI data and trends
- A tool for maximizing FDI – first look at MaiaGrowth©
- The business development professional: the navigator of the FDI journey
10:30 a.m. Panel: Opportunities for Record-Breaking FDI Development
Drs. Dapra and Wright lead a discussion intended to be highly-relevant to business development professionals. Attendees share insights and build best practices for attracting and growing FDI.
- Ryan Wallace, Domestic Portfolio Investment Specialist, SelectUSA, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Leanne Spees, Senior Vice President, International Finance, Provident Bank
- Chuck Withee, President and Chief Lending Officer, Provident Bank
- Bryce Morrison, Shareholder, Bernstein Shur
- Marc Jacques, Senior Political and Economic Affairs Officer, Consulate General of Canada
- Cynthia Harrington, Business Development Manager, State of New Hampshire, Department of Business and Economic Affairs
- Chen Wu, Associate Professor of Economics, Plymouth State University
Noon. Intimate Conversation–Inside Look: An FDI Story
Revision Military Ltd. broke ground on its Pease facility in 2018. This Canadian company’s successful expansion to New Hampshire would not have occurred without the collaboration among professionals from the business, education and government sectors. The people who worked to make Revision Military’s NH operation a reality share their experiences of the journey.
Guests include: Ellen Christo, Esq., Head of Legal & Government Affairs, Revision Military and Cynthia Harrington, Business Development Manager, Department of Business and Economic Affairs.
12:30 p.m. Conclusions
Event takeaways and opportunities for networking.
Boxed lunches will be provided.