Our Global Orientation (for both International and Exchange Students) will fully prepare you to be a successful student at PSU! This mandatory program for all new PSU international (F-1) and exchange (J-1) students establishes a foundation for success.
Highlights of the International & Exchange Orientation
- airport Pick-Up from Boston-Logan Airport
- early Move-In to campus housing
- University and academic information sessions
- tour of campus and Town of Plymouth, New Hampshire
- US government-mandated immigration sessions (F-1 and J-1 students)
- session on personal safety and health, including local/state/federal laws and legal system with local law enforcement officials
- exposure and introduction to the surrounding community
- cross-cultural training to adapt to life in New Hampshire
- opportunity to get settled (ex: shopping for dorm living, opening bank accounts, purchasing cell phones)
- excursions to local attractions
- social activities with Residential Life and Student Activities Departments
- plenty of food
- and meeting new friends!
The Global Orientation occurs prior to the required Plymouth State’s Fall Orientation — yes, you’ll be involved with TWO orientations! The Global Orientation team is comprised of University staff and an amazing group of student leaders. We guarantee by the first day of classes you will be well-informed about student life at Plymouth State, and will have had many opportunities to meet and make new friends, have fun and be ready to start your academic career as a Panther!
You will be busy from the time you arrive through to the first day of classes! Don’t worry: you’ll have time to go shopping, get a cell phone, open a bank account, get settled in your on-campus room, get your classes organized, and start making new friends!
To be a part of this amazing welcoming to Plymouth State, you need to complete the Orientation and Arrival Form by July 31st.
Orientation Schedule, Arrival Form, and Contact Information:
How to arrive to Plymouth State University’s campus
Airport PICK-UP: You must meet the Global Orientation Leaders at Hudsons in Terminal E Arrivals at Boston-Logan Airport between 12:00pm-1:00pm EST on Monday August 23rd.
Please use this map to help navigate the airport terminals: https://maps.massport.com/#terminal/E/zone/arrivals-l1
The Global Orientation leaders will likely be at the airport prior to 12:00 PM – exact time TBD.
We will likely have other meeting locations in the other terminals and will provide that information after everyone has completed the Arrival Form.
Here is the meeting location for Terminal E: