International Scholarships

Financial assistance for international students applying to Plymouth State University is limited. PSU offers the following opportunities:

International Merit Scholarships


GPA Scholarship Name First Year Amount* (per year) Transfer Amount (per year)
3.75 – 4.00 Presidential $10,000 $10,000
3.25 – 3.74 Dean’s $8,500 $8,500
2.75 – 3.24 Aspire $6,000 $6,000
2.25 – 2.74 Promise $5,000–6,000 $5,000–6,000
< 2.25 N/A $0 $0
Scholarships are awarded based upon your GPA at the time of decision and are not adjusted based upon final GPA. Merit scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years (for a total of eight full-time fall and spring semesters). A specific GPA is required to maintain each merit scholarship, as follows: First Year – Presidential and Dean’s: 3.0; Aspire: 2.5; Promise: 2.25. Transfer – Presidential and Dean’s: 3.0; Aspire: 2.50; Promise: 2.25

*PSU merit scholarships are awarded by the Admissions Office. Notification of eligibility is included in your acceptance letter. All merit awards are evenly split between fall and spring semesters.

Scholarships for Returning International Students

Plymouth State offers a variety of scholarships to students after completion of 1 year of study.  These include the PSU International Scholarship, various academic departmental scholarships, as well as some endowed scholarships such as the Richard T. and Patricia H. Hage Fund, the Harold E. Hyde Endowed Scholarship and the Imagine A Way Scholarship.  Please refer to the List of General Scholarships

Other Scholarship and Loan Resources

A comprehensive list of web-based information may be found here.

International Employment

Information for Permanent Residents

You are considered an eligible non-citizen if you meet ONE of the following criteria:

  • You are a U.S. permanent resident with an Alien Registration Card (I-551)
  • You are a conditional permanent resident with an I-551C card
  • You have an Arrival Departure Record (I-94) from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) with any of the following designations: refugee, asylum granted, parolee, victim of human trafficking, T-Visa holder, or Cuban-Haitian entrant

If one of the above criteria is met, you may be eligible to file a FAFSA and be eligible for federal financial aid.  Additional information may be found on the PSU Financial Aid webpages.